If your BreatheSmart Classic has no power:
- Unplug the purifier from the wall outlet.
- Remove the panel and the filter from the purifier.
- Let the purifier rest for 30 seconds without the filter or panel installed.
- Reinstall the filter, making sure that it is placed securely back in the unit (insert bottom of the filter first, and then press the top in. Then proceed to press on all four corners to ensure that it is completely locked in place.)
- Place the panel back on the unit, making sure it closes tightly.
- Plug the purifier back into the wall.
- Press the power button to power on the purifier.
Resetting Filter Light:
Every time you change the filter, you need to reset the filter light.
To reset the filter light:
While the Classic is powered on, press and hold FILTER button for approximately 5 seconds. (You will hear a beep and the yellow or red light will change back to the green light.)
Additional Information: Changing the Filter for the BreatheSmart Classic
If your Classic turns off on its own:
The Classic has an option to use a timer. Do you have the 4-hour, 8-hour, or 12-hour option selected?
How to use the timer:
Press TIMER to have the air purifier run for a set number of hours (either four, eight, or twelve) before turning off. Once one of the three options is selected the light below the selected hour will appear.
Note: If none of the preset hours are not selected, the purifier will continue to run until you manually turn it off.
If your Classic particle sensor is not changing colors:
- Blue - Low quantity of airborne particles detected
- Yellow - Moderate quantity of airborne particles detected
- Red - Significant quantity of airborne particles detected
Has anything changed in the room recently that could be producing a significant amount of air particles?
Examples: Do you have a candle burning?, Do you have a Humidifier running in the same room as the Purifier?, The heat turning on or A/C running can affect air quality, Is the purifier in or near the kitchen (open concept great room with kitchen connecting to a living room) and you're cooking or recently were cooking?, Do you have any windows open?, Did you recently paint the room the Purifier is in or have new carpet installed in the room the Purifier is in recently? Etc.
Additional information: Can I use a humidifier with the purifier?
We recommend placing the purifier in a small room or closet that doesn't get a lot of traffic for 48 hours. In that time, periodically check to see if the particle indicator light changes. If it doesn't change, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this article.
If the troubleshooting steps did not remedy the issue, please contact Customer Experience at (800) 630-2396 or by chat Monday-Friday between 8am & 6pm CST, or by filling out the following contact form. We are happy to assist you!