If your 45i has no power:
- Unplug the purifier from the wall outlet.
- Remove the panel and the filter from the purifier.
- Let the purifier rest for 30 seconds without the filter or panel installed.
- Reinstall the filter, making sure that it is placed securely back in the unit (insert bottom of the filter first, and then press the top in until it clicks. Then proceed to press on all four corners to ensure that it is completely locked in place.)
- Place the panel back on the unit, making sure it closes tightly.
- Plug the purifier back into the wall.
- Press the power button to power on the purifier.
If the buttons on your 45i are not working:
The 45i has a child safety lock. Do you have the LOCK button enabled? When it is locked, a light will appear above the LOCK button.
To unlock the control panel: Press and hold the LOCK button for 3 seconds. (You will hear a beep and the light above the LOCK button should turn off.)
If you want to change the brightness or turn off the lights:
You can turn the control lights off, turn the lights on a dim setting, or higher setting.
To change the brightness or turn off the lights: touch the LIGHT button and select OFF. (The lights will go out) but the unit will continue to run. To dim the lights on your unit, select LO.
Resetting Filter Light:
Every time you change the filter, you need to reset the filter light.
To reset the filter light:
While the 45i is powered on, press and hold FILTER button for approximately 5 seconds. (You will hear beep and change the yellow or red light back to the green light.)
Additional information: Changing the Filter for the BreatheSmart 45i
If your 45i turns off on its own:
The 45i has an option to use a timer. Do you have the 2-hour, 4-hour, or 12-hour option selected?
How to use the timer:
- Ensure the Lock button is not being used. If it is, press and hold the LOCK button for 3 seconds to unlock the control panel.
- Press TIMER to have the air purifier run for a set number of hours (either two, four, or twelve) before turning off. Once one of the three options are selected the light below the selected hour will appear.
Note: If none of the preset hours are not selected, the purifier will continue to run until you manually turn it off.
If your 45i particle sensor is not changing colors:
- Blue - Very low level of airborne particles detected
- Green - Low level of airborne particles detected
- Orange - Medium level of airborne particles detected
- Red - Significant level of airborne particles detected
- Purple - Very significant level of airborne particles detected
Has anything changed in the room recently that could be producing a significant amount of air particles?
Examples: Do you have a candle burning?, Do you have a Humidifier running in the same room as the Purifier?, The heat turning on or A/C running can affect air quality, Is the purifier in or near the kitchen (open concept great room with kitchen connecting to a living room) and you're cooking or recently were cooking?, Do you have any windows open?, Did you recently paint the room the Purifier is in or have new carpet installed in the room the Purifier is in recently? Etc.
Additional information: Can I use a humidifier with the purifier?
We recommend placing the purifier in a small room or closet that doesn't get a lot of traffic for 48 hours. In that time, periodically check to see if the particle indicator light changes. If it doesn't change, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this article.
If the troubleshooting steps that have been provided did not remedy the issue, please contact Customer Experience by phone at (800) 630-2396 or by chat Monday-Friday between 8am & 6pm CST, or by filling out the following contact form. We are happy to assist you!