The Filter Life Indicator, located just above the FILTER button, consists of three lights: Green (left), Yellow (center), and Red (right).
The Green light will be illuminated for most of the life of the filter. The Yellow light will come on shortly before your filter should be replaced. Note that this is the ideal time to order a new filter. Once the Red light is illuminated, it is time to replace the filter. Though light may remain green for some time, we recommend regular filter replacements (at least every 12-15 months with normal use) to extend the life of your air purifier and maximize performance.
To replace your filter & reset the indicator, follow these steps:
- With the unit standing upright, pull firmly on the cover near the intake vents with one or both hands to release the magnets.
- After pulling the cover out, lift it away from the unit.
- Removed the used filter by pulling out and down on the pull loop.
- Place the used filter in a plastic bag to prevent dust from re-entering the air.
- Take new filter out of the plastic bag, insert the bottom and firmly push the top of the filter frame until it clicks into place. (The window-like screen prefilter has a sticker stating 'Front' that should be facing out when filter is installed.)
- Insert the bottom hooks on the front cover first and then the upper part of the cover will snap into place.
- Hold the FILTER button down for approximately 5 seconds while the unit is turned on. The Red light will then be reset to Green.
More information on this can be located in the 75i Product Manual.